When to Update Your Home Insurance Policy

personal accident insurance
What is Personal Accident Insurance – Do you need it?
7th October 2016
business insurance
Business Insurance In the Festive Season
7th November 2016

The holidays are around the corner. You’ve got your tickets or toll money ready and you’re already coming up with ideas on how to keep the kids entertained for the long trip. You think you’re prepared, but we’re not so convinced. You were wise enough to take out a home insurance policy a few years ago but have you updated it with items you’ve acquired since then? And have you checked exactly what you’re covered for while you’re away? This is a vital step of travelling that is often overlooked; make sure to update your policy to include:

  1. New Items: this includes that new 50” HD LED Smart TV you’ve been bragging to all your mates about or that new top-of-the-line gas oven that looks so great in your kitchen.
  1. Renovations: if you’ve renovated or remodelled your home that’s something your insurance broker needs to know and you won’t be covered for unless they do.
  1. New Family Member: Whether it’s a baby or a new pet, a new resident at your home will have an effect on your home insurance policy and your insurance broker should be notified right away.

“An analysis of the monthly national crime data for the five years from April 2006 to March 2011 reveals that murder and serious assault increase by as much as 50% during December each year, while incidents of burglary increase by 8%. House robberies increase in the months leading up to the festive season, starting in October and remaining high in December, dropping off by about 11% in January.” Says Lizette Lancaster in a December crime analysis.

We want you to have the best trip possible with the peace of mind that your home is covered while you’re away. So make sure to contact CC&A Insurance Brokers today to update your home insurance policy before your trip, or to find out more about our household contents insurance, home owners insurance or personal valuables insurance.


“The article should not be considered legal or financial advice and is for information purposes only. You should consult with a professional financial advisor to determine what may be best for your individual needs.”