What to do in the event of a claim
- Take all reasonable precautions to minimize the claim and prevent further loss, damage or liability.
- If theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or lost property notify the police and record the name of the officer, police station and incident number as the insurer will request these details
- Ensure any evidence or damaged items are kept for the insurer or photographs of damage taken if clean up has to commence.
- For damaged items you will need quotes for repairs. If not repairable report stating this together with quotes to replace with like item.
- If stolen or lost you will need proof of ownership together with quotes for replacement items.
Motor Vehicle Claims
- If incident involves a third party do not admit liability
- Record all details of the Third Party including: Name, Address, Telephone, Vehicle description and registration number, Third parties Insurer and policy number if known
- Contact us and lodge the claim and we will be able to advise the next steps in the process and in some cases provide you with contact details for a Repairer if you do not have a preferred repairer already.
When leaving your vehicle unattended make 100% sure that all doors are properly locked especially if you have remote central locking. Remote lock jamming is unfortunately rife in the country at the moment. This will save a lot of inconvenience and frustration.