UAVs, or drones, are fast becoming a vital piece of equipment across multiple industries; film and entertainment, building and construction, farming, and security all enjoy the numerous benefits that drones offer. Do you have sufficient drone insurance?
CC&A Insurance Brokers offer comprehensive cover for Unmanned Arial Vehicles. (UAVs)
CC&A Insurance brokers offer drone cover for commercial use, and to that end we defer to the regulations implemented by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) for commercially operated drones in July 2015.
These regulations specify that drones need to be registered for commercial use if they are being used as such, and the operators need to hold the following licences:
- Registered RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft or drone)
- RPL – RPAS Pilot License (for the pilot)
- ASL – Air Services License (from Department of Transport)
- RLA – RPAS Letter of Approval (for each drone)
- ROC – Remote Operator Certificate
The cost of the UAV itself, as well as the required payload and ground equipment, can be significant. And it is with this in mind that we offer the following insurance for the UAV:
- Replace or repair accidental loss or damage
- Disappearance of the UAV
- Reasonable emergency expenses incurred
- Cover during the R&D phase
- Loss of data collected by your drone
- Ground Station cover
- UAV spares
- Hull War and Allied perils extension available to those operating in high-risk areas
Because we offer full-service cover, our insurance offerings do not stop at the UAV and its equipment.
Due to the nature of this product, additional costs can be incurred by the user. Therefore, we also offer legal liability to third parties and products liability.
If you would like the peace of mind of knowing that your UAV insurance will cover you when you need it most, then we would love assist.
Please fill in the accompanying form and one of our professional brokers will contact you.
This information should not be considered legal or financial advice and is for information purposes only. You should consult with a professional financial advisor to determine what may be best for your individual needs.