Why Do You Need Building Insurance?

It may be one of those things that gets pushed down to the bottom of your to-do list every month, but adequate building insurance forms a key part of your financial security.

Who needs building insurance?

The answer to this is simple. If you own a property, then you need building insurance. Whether it’s your own home in the suburbs, a multiplex in the city, or a number of residential properties throughout the province, there is the need to protect your assets.

What does building insurance cover?

Most good insurance policies will cover everything under your roof which includes:

  • Walls
  • Roof
  • Ceilings
  • Doors
  • Windows
  • Kitchen
  • Bathroom
  • Fitted cupboards

Garages and sheds are usually covered too, but it’s worth checking with your insurance broker before signing on the dotted line.

Typically, your insurance will take care of the following:

  • Structural damage caused by natural disasters such as earthquakes or floods
  • Subsidence
  • Damage caused by fire
  • Damage caused by explosion (such as through gas leaks)
  • Falling trees
  • Burst pipes and geysers
  • Damage caused by power surges
  • Vandalism

A good insurance broker will also advise you on your options for fixing or replacing damaged items or structures, as well as taking care of interim arrangements such as temporary accommodation.

As with any insurance product, you never know how much you need it – until you need it. It’s always worth talking to a qualified insurance broker to find out what you need, what it covers, and what your claims process will be.

At CC&A Insurance Brokers we take great care to accurately educate our clients, taking special note of the small print and the finer details. We pride ourselves on making the claims process as easy and quick as possible in order to get your life back together.

If you own a property – large or small – then let us assist you with your building insurance.

Kindly complete the accompanying form and one of our professional brokers will contact you.

This information should not be considered legal or financial advice and is for information purposes only. You should consult with a professional financial advisor to determine what may be best for your individual needs.

Building Insurance Quote

    Building Insurance

    building insurance natural disaster
    Building Insurance for Homeowners